Mother’s Day is around the corner and it’s time for you to give your mom something special.
So I’m going to show you how you can sew a colorful and beautiful bouquet of tulips yourself.
You can combine your favorite colors or Mamas and the best part is: it will always remain fresh and an eye-catcher.
- fabric, stick, glue, cotton, scissors, felt, needle, thread,circle cutter
- Cut circles out of the colorful fabrics with a diameter of 20cm. A circle cutter is a great tool but if you don’t have one just use a bowl similar diameter.
- Then, fold one of them in half and cut it.
- And now take the semi-circle and fold into half and sew it with sewing machine or hand at the open edge.(0.5 cm)
- Turn the fabric into a cone and proceed with other semicircles.
- Cut the green fabric into strips (3 cm wide) and the length slightly shorter than the stick. Repeat it till the numbers of tulips you want.
- Take the green fabric you cut earlier and turn around and stick double sided tape or use glue to stick it around the stick to create a stem of a tulip.
The Tulip’s Head
- Take the earlier fabric you sew into a cone and stuff it with cotton.
- Then, take a needle and thread to sew the open edges.
- Put the pointed side of the stem into the tulip(you can put some glue to it too) and sew it just like the picture above.
Cut the green felt into a leaf shape and glue it to the stem. Use a peg to peg the leaf and the stem together till the glue dries off.
Let it dry well and you will have a bouquet of tulips ready for Mother’s Day!